The medical information on this site is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.
Please consult your health care provider for an appointment before making any healthcare decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition. FacoElche expressly disclaims responsibility, and shall have no liability, for any damages, loss, injury, or liability whatsoever suffered as a result of your reliance on the information contained in this site. FacoElche does not endorse specifically any test, treatment, or procedure mentioned on the site.
By visiting this site you agree to the foregoing terms and conditions, which may from time to time be changed or supplemented by FacoElche. If you do not agree to the foregoing terms and conditions, you should not enter this site.
GonioTrans is a useful and yet simple tool based on a virtual angle conveyor to annotate the angular position of the ocular structures based on a picture of the eye. After capturing a picture of the eye, it is copied and stored in the program, that overlays a pattern that simulates an angle conveyor with two overlaying hemi-meridians with marks from 0° to 180°, using steps of 5° or 10°.
The appropriate meridians for incisions, the marks for toric lens, etc. can be determined precisely thanks to referrers like nevus or iris crypts, aqueous veins, etc. In the same way this allows to check the lens position and stability, incisional axes, etc.
Recalculator Toric is an indispensable tool for ophthalmologists who work with phakic or pseudophakic toric intraocular lenses. With absolute precision, the Toric Recalculator will calculate the exact rotation of an implanted IOL needed for maximum correction of astigmatism.
• SRK/T, Hoffer Q formula (officially approved by the Authors)
BIOMETRY POST LASER REFRACTIVE SURGERY:
• BESSt 2 and 1 (Pentacam® required)
• BMR/BHR: Borasio IOLMaster® Myopic/Hyperopic Regression (my latest – unpublished – post laser refractive surgery formula – No need of any preop data!)
• Double K adjustment for SRK/T, Hoffer Q, BESSt 1
SIA CALCULATOR FOR SINGLE CASES (AstigMaster):
• Calculates the Vector Surgically Induced Astigmatism (SIA) using K values or Refractions
• Also shows the cartesian (X;Y) conversion of the SIA vector
SIA CALCULATOR AND PLOTTER FOR GROUPS OF EYES (Astig PLOT):
• Make amazing Astigmatism PLOTS for Congress presentations and Scientific Paper Submissions.
• Calculates the Group’s ARITHMETIC and VECTOR Mean Astigmatism and Mean SIA (+/- SD)
• Uses doubled-angle polar plots (plots are AUTOSCALING to the max value in the series; plots show the CENTROID in red)
• Plots can be sent to you by email
• Data file uploaded via iTunes or URL (PC or Mac)
• Optional attachment with individual SIA results
ASTIGMATISM CORRECTION REDUCTION CALCULATOR:
• Predicts the final astigmatism following incision misplacement or Toric IOL misalignment
TORIC IOL CALCULATORS:
• Toric IOL Calculator* (takes into account your SIA; uses the AL Vergence formula; “Auto ELP” option)
• Axis Misalignment calculator: estimates the axis of an implanted Toric IOL starting from pre and post-op refractions
VISUAL ACUITY CONVERTER:
• Converts VA between LogMar, Snellen and Decimal notation
CORNEAL-SPECTACLE PLANE CONVERTER:
• Converts Refraction between Corneal and Spectacle Plane for a given back-vertex-distance (BVD)
CARTESIAN-POLAR NOTATION CONVERTER:
• Converts Astigmatism from Polar (+3.25×30) to Cartesian Notation (X=1.63; Y=2.81). Essential when computing averages of refractions and for statistical analysis.
• Thick Lens Equation (Gaussian Optics)
• Thin Lens Equation (converts Ant r to corneal power and viceversa)
• Custom Keratometric Index-based calculations (converts Ant r to Corneal Power using custom KI)
Surgically Induced Astigmatism (SIA) Calculator:
• SIA Vector Analysis
• Works with either Refractions or K values
• Displays the results either at the Spectacle or Corneal plane
• Automatic conversion to cartesian (X;Y) notation for statistical analys
**** WAIT! “AstigMaster” IS INCLUDED IN “EYE PRO 2013” WHICH INCLUDES MANY MORE FEATURES ****
The 1st Astigmatism Plotter for the iPhone/iPad!
A must have tool for statistical analysis of the astigmatism in a group of eyes.
It also automatically calculates the Surgically Induced Astigmatism +/- SD!
** QUITE SIMPLY, THE MOST ADVANCED AGGREGATE ASTIGMATISM PLOTTER ON THE PLANET! **
• Create AMAZING Astigmatism Plots for Congress Presentation or Scientific Paper submission!
• Plots the Aggregate Astigmatism of a group of eyes using Autoscaling Doubled-angle Polar Plots
• Plots the individual astigmatisms and the Mean Astigmatism of the group (the centroid)
• Calculates the Mean Astigmatism (+/- SD) of the group after individual conversion to Cartesian Notation
• Calculates the Mean Surgically Induced Astigmatism (SIA) +/- SD of the group
• Send plot via email
• The input file with all the data to analyse can be read from URL or via iTunes (PC or Mac)
• Vector Analysis of the Surgically Induced Astigmatism (SIA) for single patients, either using K values or Refractions.
• Shows the cartesian (X;Y) conversion of the SIA vector (to allow statistical analysis in a group of eyes).
**** WAIT! “Astig PLOT” IS INCLUDED IN “EYE PRO 2013” WHICH INCLUDES MANY MORE FEATURES ****
This tool can be useful in many applications such as:
• The steepness of a slope;
• Can be used for hanging pictures, diplomas or photographs on a wall;
• Useful for photography to detect the horizon;
• It measures the angle of an arc (for example in architecture);
• And much more, your imagination is the limit.